Friday, April 16, 2010

Frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The numbness in my feet finally drove me to the doctor's office where after an examination he says that there is nothing wrong with them. He did order some blood work to check for anemia (which I already have) a B12 defiency, thyroid, cholesterol, CBC, etc. I doubt any of these will shed some answes but we shall see.

So after an unproductive visit to the doctor I went home and got my shoes and headed straight for the shoe store. My only intention was to get new insoles. I told the saleswoman why I was there and she suggested putting on my shoes for her to have a look. Well, she said that I'm in the wrong shoe! What!?!?!? The wrong shoe? I came to professionals for a reason and I still ended up with the wrong shoe? Anywho, I went back on the treadmill and she (and the other guy working) agreed that I didn't really need a stability shoe for pronation however, I have the highest arches they've seen in a while. My Brooks were also too narrow for my foot. So, more shoe trying on...yay! After several pairs of shoes I ended up with Saucony Ride 2 and a nifty set of insoles.

Here are my shoes:



I was really excited to get out running to see if I found my cure. So last night the boyfriend and I went for our Week 3 Day 2 run. I decided to run only in the shoes without the additional arch support. Guess what!?!?! Numb freakin feet again! I am so frustrated. Granted they weren't as numb as they used to be but they were still numb. I still have hope though. Tomorrow I will put in the insoles and run again. I hope this works because I want to love running! I want to wake up each day and go "What a beautiful day for a run." I WILL GET THERE!

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, hang in there. I know some accomplished runners who went through a half-dozen shoes before they found the right pair for them. And the rejected shoes were attributed to a wide range of maladies.

    Are the feet really numb everywhere? Just the toes and balls? Even the top of the foot?

    ReplyDelete