Monday, April 19, 2010

Yay for arch supports!

So I think I FINALLY have my foot troubles resolved. Saturday morning we ran W3D3 and I had extremely minimal tingly and only towards the middle of the cool down. I was honestly so happy that I could have cried. Not only were my feet mostly normal; my calves weren't as tight as they usually are. I really believe that Saturday, April 17, 2010 was my turning point. That doesn't mean that I'm not extremely nervous about tonight. The jump from week 1 to 2 to 3 seemed minimal. Week 4 seems like a rather large jump. But being the good C25K'er I'm going to "trust the system".

After I get past the Week 4 mental hurdle I think I'm really going to look forward to this thing called running. (I hope its only a mental hurdle. *crossing fingers*)

And another good thing to report - the Orioles are now 2 -11! Yay for that second win. I think we'll go see them play the Yankees on Tuesday. Can't beat Ollie's bargain night. Only $8 for upper level tickets. And since the O's suck so far this season we will probably be able to move down close to the 3rd baseline. They have a rough few series ahead. Starting on April 27 its the Yankees at home, Red Sox at home and then Yankees in NY. Who scheduled that mess?

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the non-tingling feet!!!! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome, Julie. I'm thinking I should go shoe shopping some more, see if I can get my ankle and calf stuff doing better. Week 4 is a definite step up, but just pace yourself and I think you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arch supports are amazing. I was having problems with my knees at the beginning of C25K and after the PT recommended new insoles, I haven't had any pain. :)

    Like Dave said, Week 4 is a step up, but you can definitely do it! Just remember running (at least for me) is mostly a mind game. We are capable of so much more than we think we are. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete