Friday, April 9, 2010

Take me out to the ball game!

The O's finally won a game last night. I gotta tell ya, I was getting a wee bit nervous in the bottom of the 9th. I don't have much faith in our closer but he pulled it out last night. Good for him or else I see some heckling in his future. Since today is the home opener I am wearing orange and black. I have a really cute short-sleeved orange sweater and I'm wearing a black tank-top underneath. If I may say so myself, I look pretty darned cute. The best news of the season so far...Wieters is batting .500! How awesome is that!?!?!?!

I'm going to be a genius here and combine running with baseball! In looking for places to go for the long weekend over July 4th DBF was looking at the Boston Red Sox page. (Bear with my this is how my mind works.) The Oriole's play in Boston on July 4th! Can you believe that? What's more American than watching baseball on July 4th? Anywho, at the bottom of the Red Sox page is a link for Run to Home Base. http://www.runtohomebase.org/ Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how I look at it, this race is on May 23rd and I will be in Bergen, Norway. I am posting the link here in case any of my fellow runners want to run in it. The race benefits Veterans returning from Iraq and Afganastan. The website says: "Funds raised for the Home Base Program will provide care and community outreach to the many veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan with combat stress disorders and/or traumatic brain injuries (TBI) and their families." The entry fee is pricey but you can get sponsors and it definately benefits a good cause.

Now on to my running journey. I completed the final night in Week 2. I didn't stop at all! I was so proud of myself. My shin pain is gone. The only issue I have now is really tight calves, especially my right calf. I brought a list of exercises to work with me and will stretch them throughout the day. I should be moving on to Week 3 but I did so poorly on day 2 of week 2 I want to do one more day of the 90 second intervals. We have that planned for tomorrow (then I must write a paper).

My daugher is fine. We did come home on Wednesday after the doctor's appointment. Without going into details there are things at home we are going to try and if they fail then we are hospital bound. She was happy she go to keep her hair appointment last night. Her used to be gorgeous and poker straight. Last night she got a perm! It looks good on her but I really miss her old hair. I guess I will get used to it.

40 Days until my whirlwind Scandanivian Vacation! WoooHooo!!!!!

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Love the enthusiasm Julie! Glad to hear the positives about your daughter - - I had read one of your earlier posts about having to take her to the hospital and it came back to my mind last night when I was tucking our youngest, my baby girl - Kyra (3) in for the night.

    Quick question - - are you from Morgantown? I'm a Mountaineer myself - - born and raised in Elkins . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Born and raised in good ol' Morgantown, WV! I went to WVU not only once but twice. I am now going to complete the ever elusive degree at Penn State. lol

    ReplyDelete