Monday, March 22, 2010

I guess this is my introduction

I've never written a blog before and really had no interest in creating one until today. Not really sure why but here I am.


I suppose I should give you some basics. (Even though no one will probably read this.)


I am 37 years old currently living in Frederick, MD with my 14 year old daughter, my boyfriend, and our two cats, Oliver and Abigail. My daughter is a freshman in high school and so far it is going well. She ran track this year and has inspired me to start running. We are all going to train to run in Disney's Half Marathon in January 2011. I'm a very out of shape but the only way I can get my boyfriend to Disney is to run this race. Whatever it takes! I am a huge Disney fan so if I need to run to get him there, thats what I will do!


I am a fairly busy person. I work full time for the Army. Occasionally I get to travel for work. Last week, for example, I was in Kansas. Once in a while a great trip to somewhere fun and exciting comes around. In July 2009 I got to go work in Hawai'i for two weeks.



This was the view from our hotel room on Waikiki beach. Awesome, huh?











I try to go to the gym 4 times a week but lately it seems as if I can only make it 3 days. I really hate going to the gym. I hope that training for a marathon will be more exciting but I doubt it. I just have to remember "I'm going to Disney!" That is my reward!

In addition to working, being a single mome, going to the gym, and training for a marathon (actually that will start today) I am also a student at The Pennsylvania State University. I attempted college at WVU twice but never finished. I'm hoping that 3rd time's the charm! I want to get my Bachelor's in Business Administration then on to my MBA.

Well that's all for now. Tomorrow will be my first "official" blogging post. I think I will write about my new training schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment