Tuesday, March 23, 2010

So today is Day 2 of my marathon training. I am using the C25K program to start. It is just what I need. I've been known to be somewhat of a couch potato. Plus the timing of this training is perfect. The program is 56 days and we leave for our whirlwind Scandinavian vacation in 57 Days. When we return we will get back in training with the Half Marathon program by Hal Higdon.

Last night was rainy so we did upper body strength training at the gym. Tonight was supposed to be our first run but Mother Nature has decided to make it rain today. So we will go back to the gym for lower body strength training. Hopefully tomorrow night will be my actual first run. I have 9 months and 15 days to prepare. (But I'm not counting.)

This weekend we are off to If The Shoe Fits to get me a good pair of running shoes. I can't believe I am excited about running. I hope the feeling lasts.

I might buy this shirt to keep me motivated:




















Tomorrow I hope to be mentally preparing myself for my first official "training run". Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment