Monday, March 29, 2010

Well I finished week 1 of the C25K. I have aches! But I'm starting week 2 running tomorrow. I must say that good shoes make a huge difference. I only ran in them once on Sunday but they felt like walking/jogging on air. Here are my new shoes...


They only cost $100. I was expecting them to be a lot more. I know $100 isn't cheap but I was prepared for $150. In addition to my exciting new shoes I got some great workout clothes at JCPenny, Adidas and at the shoe place. I am in it for the long haul now!

The plan for this week is:

Monday - upper body gym

Tuesday - Week 2 Day 1

Wednesday - off

Thursday - Week 2 day 2

Friday - lower body gym

Saturday - Week 2 day 3

Sunday - off (Easter)

Hopefully this week I will work out some of the pain I'm in. I currently have pain in my right shin and also in the outter part of my left foot. I realize my body is adjusting to my new regimine and in time I will be a pain-free runner. Note to self: buy more ice packs for injuries! For now though, I'm pushing through. I am an animal!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. College took me a few tries, so I am glad you are not discouraged. At this point, I have two BS, one MS, and an MBA - so, to keep trying is a valid strategy!

    I'm not too up on shoes, what's the make and model?

    Hope the aches and pains resolve quickly, and congrats for completing Week 1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, they look like brooks shoes? I've got the Adrenaline model and I love them! And they got rid of 95% of my shin/ankle pain. Hope you find the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are Brooks Ravenna. They are so comfortable! Shin pain is almost gone; however I have calf pain now. lol

    My body is rebelling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dave, I will finish this time! (I hope.)

    ReplyDelete