Thursday, March 25, 2010

Running didn't kill me!

Last night was the first run I've done in many, many moons. I am pleased to report that I am not dead. It didn't kill me afterall! Yay for being alive this morning! I honestly think the C25K program is just what I needed to start. Last night, and the rest of Week 1, is a five minute warmup followed by 8 repitions of running for 60 seconds and walking for 90 seconds then a 5 minute cool down. I didn't quit! My legs were sore and I ran a little slow at times but I DID NOT QUIT! Tonight is our first of two off nights. Back to the track on Friday.

My boyfriend did really with me last night. I love him to death but sometimes he "pushes" a little too hard. I warned him before hand to not nag about me running slow, to keep up, to do this, to do that, etc. And you know what? He didn't! He was extremely supportive and I hope he will continue to be that way through this journey.

Now that the first run is out of the way it is time to treat myself! Tonight I have a hair appointment at Structures Salon. It is a bunch of young, hip girls working there. I feel a little out of place but I like how they do hair.

This is my hair now:

I took that picture the day after it was done in December.

I want to keep the same style but go slightly shorter.

I am thinking of this stye:

(Yes, that is Jessica Simpson.)

With this color:


After my hair is done Derek and I are heading to either Bombay Grill or Acacia for dinner. One is Indian the other is Asian Fusion. Tonight is my daughter's (Kendra) weekly dinner with her best friend's family so it is a good time to go for Ethnic food.

Unfortunately due to my hair appointment and dinner plans I will not get to see my West Virginia University Mountaineers play in the Sweet 16 tonight. Maybe if I am lucky we will be home to see the end and the Mountaineers progress to the Elite 8!

LET'S GO MOUNTAINEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment