Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Off and running!

After my usual strength training days at the gym it is finally time to start running tonight. I am nervous and excited at the same time. I'm hydrating well today which is not normal for me. I'm not much of a water drinker but I'm trying. The first week of the program is to run for 60 seconds, walk for 90 seconds, repeat 8 times. Sounds easy but I know it will be a struggle for me considering that I haven't ran in many, many years.


I have printed a copy of the Walt Disney World Half Marathon Course and put it by my computer moniter at work and I will post another copy at home on the refridgerator.



The best part!?!?!? I am finally getting to plan a Disney Vacation! I may have to run to get there but it will be worth it. No better place to run a marathon than in "The Happiest Place on Earth!"

I need to stop planning vacations. We are going to Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland in May; Chicago over the 4th; and Walt Disney World in January 2011. Okay, so I was kidding about stopping planning vacations. However, maybe I should finish with one before going on to planning the next? Nah! Planning is half of the fun!

Wish me luck tonight! Hopefully I won't be too awfully sore tomorrow. I will let you know tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment